LTL Shipping Specialist
SUMMARY: This individual is responsible for shipping customer orders, by all means, but primarily larger orders which cannot be shipped via the WMS automation. Processes international shipments, working closely with freight forwarders to ensure shipments traveling outside the United States clear through customs properly and deliver in a timely manner. Provides our customers, internal and external, high quality customer service in getting their orders accurate and ontime. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Prepares customer shipments, sealing containers, inputting weights, palletizing, applying necessary labels, prints packing slip, wraps pallets. Stages and organizes large outbound shipments once they’re prepared. Moves shipments to appropriate outbound docks in advance of pickup appointments. Load carriers with correct shipments.
Work with customers to route collect shipments which do not have a predetermined carrier. Rate shop between various carriers and shipping methods and chooses the optimal shipping method for shipments paid by Fenix.
Prepare BOLs and schedule pickups. Confirm shipments in the WMS. Retain and organize shipping documents.
Uses parcel shipping software such as Ship Manager and World Ship to manually ship parcels outside of the automated processes.
Creates international shipping documents such as Commercial Invoice, and Shipper’s Letter of Instruction as required.
Tracks and updates customers as needed on progress of shipments. File freight claims with carriers.
Ship smaller parcel orders via automation as time and need require.
Maintains a clean, neat, and organized warehouse environment Performs all other warehouse functions as required. Utilizes warehouse equipment safely and properly, including forklifts, pallet jacks, pallet wrappers, floor scales Attends all mandated company functions and training programs. Follows safety rules and reports safety violations immediately.
Requirements and Essential Functions:
- Comfortable working with computers, and various applications
- Able to do basic troubleshooting of IT hardware such as printers
- Ability to read and follow customer requirements for shipments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Proficient with Warehouse Management Software, and ERPs.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Manual Dexterity – must be able to use hands and arms for handling, positioning, and moving materials and manipulating items.
- Ability to continually walk, stand, bend, twist, and reach to pick product and prepare shipments.
- Able to operate forklifts, willing to obtain certifcation
Pay Rate Range: $16 - $17 per hour.
Benefits Summary: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PTO accrual of 13 days per year, Holiday time off per company Holiday schedule.