The Staff Accountant will play a key role in the Fenix Outdoor finance and accounting team that has responsibility for multiple companies across North America. The role owns a variety of daily and month accounting tasks, including month-end close items, creating internal financial reporting, and maintenance of multiple reconciliations. Interest in creating process improvements is appreciated and encouraged. The position is based in Louisville, Colorado but can be performed remotely until we complete the transition back to the office.
- Perform month-end close duties including review of general ledger accounts, closing journal entries, analysis of sales and inventory, and preparation of reporting presentations
- Maintaining fixed asset and prepaid schedules for monthly close and annual audit support
- Prepare reconciliations of balance sheet accounts for management review
- Provide back-up support for Accounts Payable
- Review bank transactions daily and perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Occasional communication with external auditors and tax preparers
- Develop process improvement initiatives
- File as-needed local and state tax returns and submit timely payments
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and perform special projects as needed
Work Experience and Education
- Bachelors in Accounting
- 1-3 years of work experience in accounting or finance
- Advanced Excel and computer skills (ERP experience desired, Microsoft Ax knowledge a bonus)
- Detail oriented, but also able to look at the "big picture"
- Ability to work individually, and to coordinate with team members across departments
- Must possess ability to adapt well to change, prioritize time-sensitive work assignments, and perform under pressure to meet deadlines
Pay Range: $50,000 to $70,000 annually
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, generous PTO accrual and Holiday schedule.