Shipping - 2nd Shift
Fenix Outdoor specializes in the distribution of premium outdoor equipment for exciting brands, including Swedish trekking equipment: Fjällräven! Product types throughout the warehouse consist of trekking apparel, backpacks, & other outdoor products! Due to the consistent growth, we are expanding our Aurora Distribution Center and creating a 2nd warehouse shift! Now is the time to join us on this adventure!
As a shipping professional, you will play an integral role in getting products to our customers! You will have the opportunity to work as part of a team and strengthen valuable skills including organization, communication and attention to detail. In conjunction with preparing shipping invoices and package contents for our customers, you will work with supervisors who are committed to helping you find success. You will gain experience in computing freight costs and documenting inventory to guarantee every package reaches its destination. Find out how working with us allows you to strengthen core competencies in an environment that is centered around providing an enjoyable atmosphere for all!
Main responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Package & Ship orders using a variety of carriers including FedEx, USPS & LTL.
- Correctly enter package weights & dimensions.
- Create shipping labels & sort them by carrier.
- Shipments are a variety of single website orders, retail store orders, and even pallets of product for Latin America!
- This position requires consistent standing & lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Use of an RF Scanner.
- Other tasks, such as picking, pricing & inventory.
- Computer proficiently is required.
- Prior experience warehouse distribution center preferred.
- Experience with RF scanners and hand-held technology.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow multi-step processes is required.
- Ability to follow instructions and adhere to safety measures, policies and procedures is required.
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs.
- Standing / On your feet through the entire shift required.
- High school graduate, or equivalent.
Hours: 2nd Shift – Typically 3 PM Start time. Training may be subject to 1st Shift Schedule until 2nd Shift is established.
Pay Range: $18 - 19 hourly DOE.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent comprehensive benefits:
Paid Time Off accrual begins on day 1, starting at 3 weeks per year!
14 Paid Holidays Annually! 401(k) with generous company match!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and more!