Global Material Director / Technical Apparel & Textiles
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Global Material Director you will be part of our management team and lead our global material team to ensure success as a department and, moreover, for our company. You’ll develop our global material strategy and follow up on our targeted actions and benefits.
Expect to work closely with all other teams in the sourcing and production unit, the brands organizations and participate in cross-functional collaborations with other departments, to identify new business opportunities that match our organization's identity.
As the Global Material Director, you will work with your team operationally, you will also work on identifying our long-term challenges and developing a strong, sustainable material plan for our group.
When joining Fenix Outdoor AB you will be working with well-known brands like Fjällräven, Tierra and Royal Robbins.
This role is a full-time position based in Stockholm, Sweden and reports to our Senior Director - Global Sourcing and Production, Johan Kallin.
- As a Global Material Director, you are responsible for all material development and material sourcing, both to find synergies on generic material development but also on brand specific material to ensure brand uniqueness
- You will develop the material strategy for Fenix Outdoor AB
- Identify and form key partnerships with mills/suppliers with identified KPIs
- Ensure together with Product Development/Design that the brands meet gross margin goals
- Evaluate prior seasons material quality and communicate the season analysis to both senior management and sourcing team and brands
- Monitor and execute mill inspections prior to shipment together with QA/Compliance team
- Follow up on team seasonal KPIs and development
- Responsible for all greige bookings and manage booked materials
- Responsible to create synergies between brands’ materials and house fabrics
- Responsible for material integrating in HIGG MSI + HIGG MSI score improvements
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- As a Global Material Director, you collaborate with the R&D, Pattern and Product Development functions in brands on seasonal development within the master process timeline
- Work closely with sourcing team to develop a strategic mill key partner list based on the Fenix Outdoor cost matrix
- Develop core fabric suitable for all brands
- Manage the margin requests based on Fenix Outdoor targets
- Secure quality with detailed risk management
- Report and follow up on set KPIs
- Lead and develop the material team consisting of 8 people, thereof 4 direct reports
WHO YOU ARE
- You bring a solid understanding of the marketplace and global factors
- Minimum of 7-10 years operational experience in consumer products, technical apparel and/or outdoors, thereof 5 years of Leadership experience from of Operations, including material development, Sourcing and Production
- Strong track record of achieving high business impact via process, people and organizational change in fast-paced environments
- Proven team building experience with ability to attract, develop and retain a high performing team, creating a world-class Operations organization
- Experience from working in a global organization with local markets
- Experience of working towards suppliers in both Europe and Asia with responsibility for quality, technical solutions and fabric negotiations
- Driven for solutions and challenges status quo while taking initiative to drive ideas from concept to completion
- Detailed knowledge of the textile industry, sourcing, production and data management
- Fluent in English, other languages are a benefit
- Strong commercial and brand understanding
- Strong analytical skills
- Preferably you hold a university degree in a relevant field
At Fenix Outdoor, we create life-altering experiences in nature through providing a full range of products and speciality outdoor retail stores across several countries. Our company enables people to enjoy life outside.
Our house brands include Fjällräven, Primus, Hanwag, Tierra and Royal Robbins. Our European retail stores give outdoor enthusiasts the right tools and apparel for every stage in their journey. Additionally, our common service operation supports our companies, teams and business globally. We span across 20 countries and treasure the international, multi-cultured and supremely unique heritages that make up our organization’s DNA.
We’re a team of nature lovers, some more experienced than others, and we enjoy being outside. Whether in a city park or climbing the peak of a mountain, sustaining the world we live in is a top priority in what we do. Afterall, our business is nature.
When you join our trek, you're offered:
- An exciting & challenging job in a forward-leaning culture that rewards ambition
- Passionate, mission-driven colleagues who make things happen & help each other along the trail
- An international work environment where an open mind is a pre-requisite
- A company that cares that treasures success both for our organization and for society & our planet
JOIN THE TREK
Please apply through our career page in English. We review applications on a continuous basis and sometimes our posts close early due to so many all-star applicants - so apply right now!
Fenix Outdoor celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.