We are now looking for an experienced Material Developer to join our relatively newly created Sourcing and Production team! In this role you would be responsible for seasonable fabric sourcing, onboarding new vendors while working together with our centralized team.
Sounds interesting? Then this could be the job for you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In more detail you will focus on the following:
- Responsible for seasonal fabric sourcing, development and execute seasonal fabric development orders within calendar parameters
- Manage development, sample and bulk quality approval as well as testing to meet Fenix standards and are compliant
- Work with Centralized teams on supplier capacities, lead-times and cross-sourcing opportunities
- Work in tandem with Sustainability team to secure the CSR strategy
- Close working relationship with Product Development in brands to secure quality, brand esthetics and Average Unit Cost
- Support Centralized teams with bulk production issues
- Maintain, update & organize material library and seasonal fabric library updated (physical + system)
- Price negotiation on seasonal basis (incl. price, MOQ, lead time etc.)
- Onboard, Guide and Support vendors and mills regarding all quality and compliance related questions
WHO YOU ARE
We think you could be a great match for the position if you possess the following traits and capabilities:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field.
- 3+ years experience from working with material development or sourcing
- Strong technical skills in functional fabrics
- Ability to build and support global cross-functional partnerships
- Costing and negotiations experience
- Fabric, color, testing/standard, and QA knowledge
- Fluency in English oral and written
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the material production and manufacturing
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
- You have a love and respect for nature and the outdoors and an authentic enthusiasm toward the Brands at Fenix Outdoor. You are eager to share your passion and engage others to fall in love with the outdoors.
Fenix Outdoor is an international group of premium outdoor brands and retail chains. We are a global player in developing and selling clothing and equipment for an active outdoor life.
Even if the mission and vision for each of our brands and businesses may differ slightly; we are all unified in our love for nature. We are all ignited by an unwavering will to inspire and enable the world to experience nature's beauty and changing elements.
As a member of our trek you’re offered:
- An exciting and innovative job in a great atmosphere.
- Passionate, mission-driven colleagues who make things happen.
- An international work environment where employees are encouraged to carve out their path to success.
- A company that in every aspect of our operations, contribute to engaged and healthy people; strong communities; healthy and more resilient natural systems; and top financial performance.
When you join our trek, you're offered:
- An exciting & challenging job in a forward-leaning culture that rewards ambition
- Passionate, mission-driven colleagues who make things happen & help each other along the trail
- An international work environment where an open mind is a pre-requisite
- A company that cares that treasures success both for our organization and for society & our planet
Fenix Outdoor celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.