Warehouse Manager – Distribution Center Operations
Fenix Outdoor is an international supply chain group of premium outdoor brands (Fjallraven, Royal Robbins, Hanwag, & Primus) that develops and sells outdoor clothing and equipment. Our mission is to enable all people to spend unforgettable and inspiring moments in nature. Our logistics team provides end to end supply chain service for these brands. To support these dynamic brands’ exponential growth in Canada, Fenix Outdoor is building our first ever Canadian Distribution Center in Calgary.
We are seeking a dynamic, driven individual to lead the full end to end operations of our Calgary DC, building a team and processes from the ground up. The right candidate will bring a true operational leadership mindset that can be deployed in a number of areas driving major success outcomes for our company. The candidate must be a highly agile leader, with the ability to quickly assume new areas of responsibility beyond their core areas of responsibility as the company business continues to evolve and grow rapidly.
Leadership Core Responsibilities Include:
Daily Execution Distribution Operations – responsible for planning, organizing, and leading the entire warehouse team, controlling each the functional areas within the facility. This includes managing day-to-day operations within the facility, internal staff, including resolving employee issues, external vendors, and customer issues with a focus on meeting the unique requirements of our internal brand customers.
Inventory / Operations Planning – Help manage forecasting and replenishment strategies. Responsibilities include technology/tools development, supplier engagement, S&OP/capacity planning, inventory placement, managing operational KPI’s etc.
Strategic Cost Management – Manage with the goal of leading the facility and staff to meet budget, revenue, KPI’s and company/customer service level standards. Ensure safe, clean, and efficient warehouse operations
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills. Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Extremely collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, stress, adversity and conflict to help your team establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Hire, train and develop staff to meet company guidelines. Track and meet company metrics. Provide direction to team regarding duties and goals
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office / Excel applications for reporting
- Minimum four years’ experience as a manager / leader in logistics, distribution or warehouse operations environment. Experience managing / leading staff of 20 or more people.
- Proven ability to think critically to solve complex problems and issues, particularly with a focus towards implementing enduring solutions whenever possible.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret and forecast financial budgets. Develop and implement plans for continuous process improvement through data driven information for data driven decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to strategically build a team from the ground up, identifying and leading towards a desired end state, while executing on short term operational requirements.
- Four year college degree preferred.
Skills and Specifications:
- Knowledge of the safety and legal documentation processes for handling related warehouse activities (MSDS, Equipment checklist, BOL)
- Experience working with and expert understanding of WMS/TMS systems
- Must have excellent leadership and administration skills and abilities. Must utilize a positive, proactive, leadership style.
- Strong motivational, collaborative skills for effectual team building and decision making
- Ability to effectively manage time, resolve crisis and make critical decisions
- Ability to efficiently coordinate the activities of both internal and external workers.
- Ability to work multiple shifts including occasional weekend shifts during peak season
- Safety Orientation: Actively enforces safety policies and procedures; is a safety role model; holds Associates to a high safety standard.
- Plans Strategically: Demonstrates the ability to determine goals, direction and action steps necessary to maximize short-term and long-term.
Benefits Summary: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO accrual of 15 days per year, Holiday time off per company Holiday schedule.