Do you have a passion for finance and are a star at bookkeeping?
This could be your next career step!
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a new, exciting, and varied role, within our Finance team in Almere, for Bookkeeping & Financial talent. You will be part of our Finance & Control Department within Fenix Outdoor and will report to the Controller. As a start, your focus will particularly be the retail part, where we are expanding in the near future. You are accurate, thorough, have an eye for detail and are service and customer oriented.
This is an international environment with many different stakeholders and contacts, where in Almere in a team of four we take care of the administration for six different companies: a distribution center, three wholesale companies with a sales area Western Europe (Benelux, France, Iberian Peninsula and the United Kingdom), an import company for the European market for one of the brands that Fenix Outdoor carries and a flagship store in Amsterdam, which only sells its own brands.
You are accurate, thorough, have an eye for detail and are service and customer oriented.
When you join our trek, you're offered:
- An exciting & challenging job in a forward-leaning culture that rewards ambition
- Passionate, mission-driven colleagues who make things happen & help each other along the trail
- An international & informal work environment where an open mind is a pre-requisite
- A company that cares that treasures success both for our organization and for society & our planet
- A market conform salary and benefits
- Hybrid working & fruit at work
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In more detail you will focus on the following:
- Administrative tasks;
- Assisting in monthly reporting;
- Assisting in budgeting;
- VAT declarations;
- Preparatory tasks for the salary run each month;
- Performing various analyses and checks;
- Working together with our Shared Service Center in Sweden on bank mutations and handling of purchase invoices and payments;
- Gives adequate advice on improving administrative processes;
- Handling questions from employees on financial matters and benefits;
- Assists with delivering various Finance plans and procedures, assisting in development and implementation of Finance policies and procedures and ensuring effective communication of new or updated policies and procedures;
- Participates in developing department goals and objectives;
- Performs other duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
We think you could be a great match for the position if you possess the following traits and capabilities:
- Excellent communicator who is used to deal with people at different levels within an international organization
- Strong sense of accountability and quality
- Excellent time-management skills
- Organizational talent and sensitivity
- Is a strong relationship builder with a flexible and positive attitude and mindset
- Hands-on mentality, can-do attitude and is a problem solver
- Is able to convince people with decisiveness and enjoys operating in a flexible ad-hoc environment
- Knows how to combine a business results-oriented approach with a service-oriented and customer-oriented attitude
- Is proficient in Dutch and English
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in combination with work and education in Finance – Preferably HEAO level
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in Finance in a bookkeeping role
- Experience in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent command of the MS Office package is a must, Microsoft AX Dynamics and Power BI is nice to have
- Valid work permit to work in the Netherlands
And last but not least:
You have a love and respect for nature and the outdoors and an authentic enthusiasm toward the Brands at Fenix.
Interested and eager to start your trek at Fenix Outdoor in Finance / Bookkeeping?
Then feel free to contact Clara Vrielink, Interim HR Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We currently do not engage with external search firms for this vacancy.
Fenix Outdoor celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.