Fenix Outdoor has an opportunity for an analytical, team-focused, outdoor-loving professional to join our E-Commerce team! As the E-commerce Manager you’ll be responsible for owning the strategy and day-to-day execution of sales activities on Royal Robbin and Hanwag sites in NA. Together with the North American E-commerce Director, you will be accountable for overall sales and profitability of the site. Sales include category and regional sales responsibility, commercial forecasting and developing (together with marketing) activities that optimize the marketing budget. The E-commerce Manager should contribute to developing and optimizing a premium consumer experience through the complete purchase journey. Optimizing all site touchpoints inclusive of payments and on-site customer service tools.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
When you join us, you are offered several great benefits. Here are some things to expect at Fenix Outdoor:
- A stimulating work environment with passionate, enthusiastic co-workers
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth that will elevate your career
- A company that treasures sustainability and acts in creating future stewards of nature
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident
- 401k with generous company match
- Financial wellness program, including access to financial coaching and loans
- 14 Company Paid holidays
- Product discounts on all Fenix Outdoor brands
- Industry discounts and more…
Sustainability is deeply integrated into our long-term business development and operations. The welfare of our planet and the people who live here are at the heart of our business. Just as trekking together is a demonstration of unity, trust and competence, so is working together.
Anticipated salary for this role is $60,000-70,000 annually.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The areas of responsibility include:
- Sales responsibility on a category and country level in order reach sales goals as determined by the NA E-com Director and the DTC Department
- Initiating sales driving activities and commercial planning; including promotional strategies, promotional testing, setup, and effectively launching marketing activations
- Leading processes related to product lifecycle management including product launches, category optimization, end of life cycle management reporting, and process evaluation
- Daily sales analysis and weekly/monthly reports, identifying trends and opportunities, driving actionable next steps from the data, and helping to model future projections to enable proactive opportunities (some delegation to E-com Merchandiser/Editor)
- Optimizing the sites through effective merchandising on a weekly basis, and do local changes on a monthly/seasonal basis, as well as keeping track of stock levels (delegated to E-com Merchandiser)
- Giving product and sales input to marketing regarding landing pages, emails (newsletters and automation), and paid ads
- Coordinating stock allocation together with the purchasing department (delegated to E-com Merchandiser)
- Acting as speaking partner for e-commerce related activities with internal Fenix Outdoor units and external parties
- Being part of the requirement specification and development process to improve user interaction on site (engagement and conversion to sales) including functionality and user journey, as well as managing tickets and UAT
- Being part of the requirement specification and development process to improve the service levels we provide to end-users related to logistics, payments and customer service.
- Developing strong collaborative relationships across internal and external stakeholders, such as marketing, US E-com team, and brands
- Being part of and/or leading projects that are prioritized by the business and digital roadmap.
- Expert knowledge of EPI CMS. This includes coordinating technical requirements and backlog
WHO YOU ARE
- You readily analyze trends, processes, and procedures to develop effective solutions for improving performance
- You are a proven leader in your work and adapt to new opportunities with innovative approaches
- You are comfortable with technology, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Analytics, and Episerver
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- You are willing and able to travel for work
- Organization and time management are strong suits for you
- You communicate positively, professionally, and effectively
- You effectively and respectfully collaborate with diverse teams to create a positive shopping experience and an inclusive workplace environment for all
- You have 3-5 years E-commerce related experience