Warehouse Supervisor - 2nd Shift
We usually respond within two weeks
We now have an opportunity for a warehouse leader to join our Aurora, CO team in providing world-class outdoor gear that connects people with nature!
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join us, you are offered several great benefits. Here are some things to expect at Fenix Outdoor:
- A stimulating work environment with passionate, enthusiastic co-workers
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth that will elevate your career
- A company that treasures sustainability and acts to create future stewards of nature
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident
- 401k with generous company match
- Financial wellness program, including access to financial coaching and loans
- Generous schedule of company-paid holidays
- Product discounts on all Fenix Outdoor brands
- Industry discounts and more…
The anticipated wage for this position is $22.00-26.00 per hour.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Fenix Outdoor is now seeking a Shift Supervisor for our 2nd Shift at our United States Distribution Center. This is an opportunity for a highly capable, self-motivated warehouse/operations leader to lead and manage their own team. You will play a pivotal role in enabling us to meet the growing demand for premium gear that helps people stay comfortable, safe, and stylish outdoors.
This role mainly focuses on efficient forklift operations, including putting away inbound products, replenishing picking locations from storage, and picking large orders. 2nd Shift also performs other warehouse functions as required, including inventory consolidations, shipping orders, cycle counting, receiving, and value-added services.
The ideal Shift Supervisor will have strong interpersonal relationships with subordinates, peers, senior management, and external contacts and will be a resource in this role’s areas of expertise.
This full-time position is based in our Aurora, CO warehouse and reports to the Warehouse General Manager. 2nd Shift hours are currently Monday through Thursday from 3:00 pm to 1:30 am; based on operational requirements, this schedule may shift to Monday through Friday from 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm.
Working conditions are typical for a warehouse/distribution center environment where exposure to moving equipment, conveyors, elevated noise levels, and hot or cold temperatures may be factors.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead/manage a warehouse operations staff of 5-10 employees
- Plan, implement, monitor, and be involved in the day-to-day operations of the 2nd shift
- Monitor the productivity and efficiency of all 2nd Shift employees, coaching them to improve their performance as needed
- Periodically audit procedures and processes related to put-away, replenishment, and large order-picking functions and implement improvements in these processes
- Manage the maintenance of warehouse equipment
- Check work/data daily in WMS to ensure that data is accurate and that work is completed correctly
- Promote an environment of continuous improvement
- Minimize operational costs while maximizing operational effectiveness
- Complete special projects as assigned by Fenix Outdoor’s Leadership Team
- Hire new personnel as needed for the team
- Train new employees on processes, including certifying new forklift operators
- Secure the warehouse at the end of each shift
- Actively participate in warehouse activities at all levels
WHO YOU ARE
- You effectively lead and coach others to accomplish their goals and tasks
- You are proactive
- You build strong relationships with others by being accountable, personable, and communicative
- You are comfortable with Microsoft Office software
- You are very comfortable with Microsoft Excel and can confidently use it to understand and evaluate data
- You readily set work priorities in a changing environment
- You regularly define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- To be a safe, hands-on leader involved in every aspect of the 2nd Shift’s warehouse activities, you:
- Can regularly lift and/or move up to 40 lbs
- Can occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs
- Can regularly stand, stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, speak, and hear
- Have good vision, including close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Preferred, but not required:
- You have experience with process improvement methods such as 6 Sigma or Lean concepts
At Fenix Outdoor, we create life-altering experiences in nature by providing a full range of products and specialty outdoor retail stores across several countries. Our company enables people to enjoy life outside.
Our house brands include Fjällräven, Hanwag, and Royal Robbins. Our European retail stores give outdoor enthusiasts the right tools and apparel for every stage in their journey. Additionally, our common service operation supports our companies, teams, and business globally. We span 20 countries and treasure the international, multi-cultured, and supremely unique heritages that comprise our organization’s DNA.
We’re a team of nature lovers, some more experienced than others, and we enjoy being outside. Whether in a city park or climbing the peak of a mountain, sustaining the world we live in is a top priority in what we do. After all, our business is nature.
We are buyers, e-Comm specialists, strategists, marketers, communicators, sales staff, customer service reps, and business developers. In nature, we’re all the same.
SOUND LIKE A GREAT ADVENTURE!? We were hoping you’d say so. Apply now through our brief online application! Applications are processed continuously, and the position can be filled before closing. We look forward to learning more about you!
Fenix Outdoor and Fjällräven celebrate diversity and are committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair, and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.
- Our team
- Global Supply Chain
- Warehouse Supervisor
- Aurora, CO, USA
Aurora, CO, USA
About Fenix Outdoor
Fenix Outdoor AG is an international group of outdoor brands. The company is listed on the Nasdaq OMX, Stockholm, Mid Cap. We are a global player in developing and selling clothing and equipment for an active outdoor life.
Each company within Fenix Outdoor addresses a unique market segment to ensure that our customers can obtain premium products for all aspects of outdoor life.
We are focusing on our employees wellbeing and therefor we strive for building a workplace where everyone belong - regardless of gender, gender expression or identity, disability, nationality, culture background, ethniticity, religion, colour or race. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.
© Fenix Outdoor International AG 2021
Warehouse Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Loading application form
Already working at Fenix Outdoor?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.