How would you like to be part of the team in one of the UK’s fastest growing Outdoor Retailers?
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work within a dynamic and energetic outdoor retailer, working within a committed team of driven merchandisers to further hone our product range and commercial offering to our valued customers.
Why work with Trekitt?
We are the UK’s premier outdoor retailer focused on providing the British Outdoor Enthusiast with the best kit, service and advice. We are disrupting the markets we serve because we are ambitious and determined to achieve our objectives. This, in turn, has lead us to be a highly profitable and a commercially well-run business.
We are a high-growth business where necessity has us move quickly, make smart choices, and carve a clear niche into which our dynamic approach, clarity of product ranging, and industry leading customer service are enthusiastically received. The pace at which we progress makes us an exciting and engaging business to work for.
We have expanded to a team of more than 30 diverse colleagues and contributors, with rapid growth since 2016 when we commited to a omni-channel model of both online and traditional physical retailing, determined to deliver our unique, service rich in shop experience to our customers.
Looking into the future our ambitions and expectations are evolving and we recognise that our product assortment and depth is key to achieving our goals and setting us apart from our competition. Delivering our customers a positive experience through the use of our quality goods is paramount in our focus.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Trekit is looking for a Herefordshire based, enthusiastic, talented, and creative individual to work alongside our buying and merchandising team to plan and develop a strategy to sell our range of premium products. You will be responsible for helping to make sure all our stock is the best choice kit, in the right place, at the right time, in the right quantities and at the right price to achieve the best margin. No easy task!
When you join our trek, you're offered:
- An exciting & challenging job in a forward-leaning culture that rewards ambition
- Passionate, mission-driven colleagues who make things happen & help each other along the trail
- An international work environment where an open mind is a pre-requisite
- A company that cares that treasures success both for our organization and for society & our planet
- This is a full-time role with a permanent contract and probationary period.
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience, pension, staff discount scheme and flexible working schemes including a proportion of hybrid home working. We operate an open and friendly company with a relaxed culture and dress code, but we all work very hard to get the job done on time.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In more detail you will focus on the following:
- Maximise company turnover and profit through selling, ranging, and purchasing of relevant product ranges across all departments and categories
• Planning product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans by liaising with directors, buyers, shops, suppliers, and distributors
• Maintaining a comprehensive and accurate database of company stock
• Forecasting profits and sales, and optimising the stock turn, sales volume, and profitability of total company stock
• Planning budgets and presenting sales forecasts and figures for new ranges
• Controlling stock levels based on forecasts for the season
• Managing in-house computer software to handle sales statistics, produce sales projections and present spreadsheets and graphs
WHO YOU ARE
We think you could be a great match for the position if you possess the following traits and capabilities:
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience/knowledge of Outdoor Industry/Retail
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills and proficiency using IT
- Negotiation and organisational skills as well as strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to cope with the pressure of having to make important decisions and meet tight deadlines
- Capability to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve targets
- You are a great networker and you can make your influence felt
- Positive attitude with drive and determination
- Flexible – hours of work
- You have a love and respect for nature and the outdoors and an authentic enthusiasm toward the Brands at Fenix Outdoor. You are eager to share your passion and engage others to fall in love with the outdoors.
Fenix Outdoor celebrates diversity and is committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.