We now have an opportunity for a Staff Accountant to join our easygoing, high-performing finance team at our North American headquarters in Louisville, CO!
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join us, you are offered several great benefits. Here are some things to expect at Fenix Outdoor:
- A stimulating work environment with passionate, enthusiastic co-workers
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth that will elevate your career
- A company that treasures sustainability and acts to create future stewards of nature
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident
- 401k with generous company match
- Financial wellness program, including access to financial coaching and loans
- Generous schedule of company-paid holidays
- Product discounts on all Fenix Outdoor brands
- Industry discounts and more…
The expected salary for this position is $50,000-70,000 annually.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Fenix Outdoor is now seeking a Staff Accountant to join our finance team. This teammate will play a vital role on the team and has responsibility for multiple companies across North America. The role owns a variety of daily and monthly tasks, including month-end close items, creating internal financial reporting, and maintaining various reconciliations. Interest in making process improvements is both appreciated and encouraged!
This full-time position is based in our Louisville, CO corporate office.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform month-end close duties, including review of general ledger accounts, closing journal entries, analysis of sales and inventory, and financial reporting presentation
- Prepare reconciliations of balance sheet accounts for management review
- Maintain various schedules for audit support and communicate with external auditors
- Review daily bank transactions and perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and perform special projects as needed
- Ensure transactions comply with US GAAP and corporate policies
- Identify and develop process improvement initiatives
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- You have 1-3 years of experience in accounting
- You have an advanced skill level in Excel and ERP computer software
- Although you are detail-oriented, you are also able to see the “big picture”
- You can work individually and as part of a team with different departments of our company
- You adapt well to change
- You prioritize work assignments and succeed under pressure to meet deadlines
At Fenix Outdoor, we create life-altering experiences in nature by providing a full range of products and specialty outdoor retail stores across several countries. Our company enables people to enjoy life outside.
Our house brands include Fjällräven, Hanwag, and Royal Robbins. Our European retail stores give outdoor enthusiasts the right tools and apparel for every stage in their journey. Additionally, our common service operation supports our companies, teams, and business globally. We span 20 countries and treasure the international, multi-cultured, and supremely unique heritages that comprise our organization’s DNA.
We’re a team of nature lovers, some more experienced than others, and enjoy being outside. Whether in a city park or climbing the peak of a mountain, sustaining the world we live in is a top priority in what we do. After all, our business is nature.
We are buyers, e-Comm specialists, strategists, marketers, communicators, sales staff, customer service reps, and business developers. In nature, we’re all the same.
SOUND LIKE A GREAT ADVENTURE!? We were hoping you’d say so. Apply now through our brief online application! Applications are processed continuously, and the position can be filled before closing. We look forward to learning more about you!
Fenix Outdoor and Fjällräven celebrate diversity and are committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair, and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.