Sales & Marketing Manager Royal Robbins Europe
Are you a performance driven sales and marketing specialist with a creative spirit? Do you crave a work environment where you can own in your success, carve out your own path and make an impact? Do you want to join an international outdoor company with a passion for sustainability? Then this could be your next career step!
Royal Robbins makes enduring, classic, outdoor clothing for people who embody a love for the natural world. Our modern classics enable people to get up in the morning and “dress once." Our clothing performs well because it moves, dries, packs and wears extremely well. It works on the trail, at the office, on a plane, at dinner. Our clothing literally goes everywhere.
As an employee at Royal Robbins you’re offered:
- An exciting and innovative job in a great atmosphere
- Passionate, mission-driven colleagues who make things happen
- An international work environment where employees are encouraged to carve out their path to success
- A company that lives and breathes sustainability
Royal Robbins is a part of Fenix Outdoor, a leading group of outdoor brands and retail environments that enables people to enjoy life outdoors and supports survival in the changing environments of our planet. Fenix house brands include Fjällräven, Primus, Hanwag, Tierra, Brunton and Royal Robbins. The retail organization include Naturkompaniet (SE), Partioaitta (FI), Friluftsland (DK) and Globetrotter (DE). In addition, we have a well-established common services organization that enables our business to run smoothly. Our international organization is spread across 20 countries worldwide.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Sales and Marketing Manager for Royal Robbins in Europe you will have the operational responsibility for planning and coordinating a large variety of sales activities, digital and physical marketing and PR initiatives across our European markets. You will work closely with the European Brand Manager to determine the sales and marketing strategy to grow the brand in Europe. This role provides an exciting opportunity to work with a diversified channel mix to ensure customer acquisition, loyalty and retention. You will also work closely with your colleagues in the US to ensure marketing stringency and brand identity.
This position could be based either in Stockholm, Amsterdam, Hamburg or Munich. You will report to the Brand Manager for Europe.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In more detail you will focus on the following:
Sales operations, execution and follow up
- Build relationships with the internal sales companies and support them with Royal Robbins sales activities
- Visit Key Accounts – Develop relationships with all key accounts and partner with the sales companies to drive strategic growth
- Present and sell current and future collections to customers and country managers
- Develop and perform seasonal clinics for key accounts (country managers and Frilufts)
- Assist Brand Manager in developing sales forecasts
- Marketing strategy, execution and follow up
- Build seasonal marketing plans for the EU Market
- Ensure execution of our brand and retail initiatives and programs to articulate key messages and achieve competitive advantage
- European Workbook – approve content, products & copy based on the EU Market, including printing & distribution to countries.
- Analyze, allocate and manage our marketing budgets, make recommendations and modifications
- Manage E-com Marketing for royalrobbins.eu together with Fenix Ecom team. This includes product updates, content calendar, digital asset handover, email newsletter, campaigns, sale period, SEO, paid & social media advertising etc.
- Follow up on sales analysis to see improvements & trends for E-com sales.
- Create local lifestyle imagery and videos if needed for special campaigns besides content US Marketing team provides.
- Provide external retailers with content and other marketing material (Ads, POS, Windows etc.). Work together with retailer’s marketing departments.
- Make sure all retailers are equipped with product and lifestyle imagery as well as product descriptions.
- Make sure retailers/Fenix Sales Reps has access to image bank.
- Handle & support retailers with our RR branded fixtures and in-store POS options
Events and Partnerships
- Handle our PR Agency based in Germany, covering DACH-countries and set seasonal plans based on the annual budget. Plan and execute PR activities, seeding, events and special product launches.
- Respond to media enquiries & potential partnerships.
- Project manage annual internal events as kick offs & Trade shows.
Sell-in tools and Clinics
- Create sell-in tools and clinics for the Fenix sales team & Fenix Retail store staff prior to each season.
- Work closely with the local Fenix sales companies in order to build the RR brand awareness.
WHO YOU ARE
We think you could be a great match for the position if you possess the following traits and capabilities:
- You are a digital native with a passion for marketing
- 5+ years of sales and marketing experience, specifically in E-Com + multi-channel online retail environments; if you’ve been introduced to the Sporting Goods, Outdoor or Sport Lifestyle industry that is a plus
- You have a love and respect for nature and the outdoors and an authentic enthusiasm toward the Brands at Fenix Outdoor. You are eager to share your passion and engage others to fall in love with the outdoors.
- You are agile in your way of working and you have a black belt in managing projects.
- You’ve proven your ability to deliver in developing sales and marketing plans, executing, measuring and delivering on performance targets. You believe in disciplined work mixed with brilliant moments of creativity and innovation.
- You’ve developed your ability prioritize tasks and manage various projects in unison
- You have experience working together agencies as well as internal stakeholders on delivering results.
- Everyone considers you a team player who is fast to encourage colleagues to share input to solve problems together
- Fast-paced and complex environments do not scare you, on the contrary they make you thrive! You navigate new territories by taking ownership and driving new initiatives forward
- Your manager would describe you as self-propelled and motivated to initiate and generate action in a positive and proactive way.
- An expert in your use of MS Office applications and preferably you have experience from the Adobe Creative Suite
- You are fluent in English both verbal and in writing (If you are fluent in German that is considered a big plus!)
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your CV in English through our Career Portal. We only take applications through the career site due to following GDPR. We look forward to hearing from you.
Fenix Outdoor celebrate diversity and are committed to continually striving to create and grow a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We aim to facilitate a safe, fair and kind work environment where all feel welcome and can thrive.