Fenix Outdoor International is searching for a Legal Coordinator to manage all aspects of the legal function within the company (focusing Sweden and Germany), managing overall legal matters, but focusing on contract law, labor law, competition law and consumer law. The position is based at one of Fenix Outdoor International´s head offices in Stockholm, with travels to the other head-offices in Vierkrichen (near Munich) and Hamburg. The role will require frequent travel to ensure appropriate and timely communication across all levels throughout the company.
This is a new role at Fenix Outdoor International and reports to the Group President. The position is based in Stockholm and include business travels.
The Legal Coordinator is responsible for supporting, developing and implementing corporate legal support plans in accordance with the companies’ mission. Also managing the company and coordinating office processes and procedures to ensure organizational and operational effectiveness and efficiency.
The Legal Coordinator will support the Country Managers/ Brand Managers and Senior Management Team, with corporate planning activities, providing practical and creative input in the development of new business initiatives, ensure the execution of Compliance rules, the design of current and future strategic and operational plans for the area of legal coordination. In additions, the Legal Coordinator will bring discipline to the strategic decision-making process, to manage the effective use of business resources.
The Legal Coordinator will have the ability and experience to motivate and drive Colleagues to achieve both the overall company targets and key performance objectives. Strong people management skills are also required in order to encourage personal development and ensure employee motivation and engagement is maintained at all times.
Fenix Outdoor International requires a candidate who is knowledgeable of working processes and setting Legal Strategies. A seemingly endless supply of energy is essential to be able to help Fenix Outdoor International grow and improve at its current pace. The person Fenix Outdoor International chooses for this position will find this a unique opportunity to work with a skilled, creative and very professional team.
Tasks and Responsibilities;
The Legal Coordinator is responsible for the management of the different law firms, the legal side of Facilities Management such as service or rental contracts, Contract Management. The Main focus is Germany and Sweden. The role work in close cooperation with: Chief Financial Officer, Chief Sustainability and Compliance Officer, Senior Management, President, VPs and CEO, Subsidiary Managers, IP Manager, HR and Security.
The responsibilities of the role includes:
- Ensure that Fenix Outdoor International´s Legal department operates within the parameters of behaviour and business practice as directed by the Group President of Fenix Outdoor International AG.
- Create an efficient, profitable and professional Legal strategy for Fenix Outdoor International.
- Lead the Legal department as a function and support the rest of the organization and their teams, as required.
- Maintain regular liaison with all Head Office´s and the Fenix Outdoor International´s organization.
- Ensure corporate Legal processes, legislative requirements and ethical standards are met and maintained.
- Assist in the design, recommendation and implementation of Legal matters and sets short and long-term strategies and objectives.
Fenix Outdoor International is in search of a professional Legal Coordinator with a strong track record within corporate law. As Fenix Outdoor International is growing rapidly and globally, an uncanny understanding for international markets is of great importance for the ideal candidate
To be successful in this role, the Legal Coordinator must have a proven track record of successfully managing corporate legal departments, as well as:
- Minimum of 5-10 years of legal experience in an international company, equal size or bigger.
- International legal experience, in particular, from the DACH and Scandinavian region is required. Additional experience from other European, UK, Asian and/or American markets is preferred.
- Strong leadership experience as corporate lawyer or equivalent, dealing with international teams on distance, establishing, and igniting a successful overall team spirit. Proven understanding of matrix organization.
- Experience from working with premium brands, preferably in the outdoor sector, is a plus but not a must.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and German or English and Swedish is required.
- A university degree in law is required. LL.M/ LL.B/ Diploma in Business Law
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of employability advice and recruitment needs.
- References to support consistent achievement of targets at Legal Security.
- A proven understanding of working with colleges or other third-party Organizations.
- Previous experience of producing board reports.
- Previous experience of managing diverse and geographically spread teams.
- The ability and commitment to adhere to all company policies and procedures and ensure that team members also adhere to them.
- Required skills: employment legislation, Corporate Legal/IP.
- Excellent oral and written in English and German or English and Swedish.
- High analytical ability and strategical mindset.
- Thrives in a role that demands taking great responsibility for people and business progress.
- Feel confident in making decisions that may involve tough choices or considered risks.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude. Handles criticism well and learn from it.
- Motivated to adopt and drive strategical change. Equally good at monitoring and follow-up on the progress.
- Initiates and generates activity. Works under own direction and has a pragmatic “can do attitude”.
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and verbal. Good at both listening to and influencing people.
- Strong and natural in building relationships and networks with management team and staff.
The recruitment company CIP is managing this recruitment for Fenix Outdoor. When you click on apply you will be redirected to their site.